All prescriptions will be sent electronically to the pharmacy of your choice.
Please let us know which pharmacy you would like your prescriptions to be sent to electronically so we can make the necessary changes to your records.
If we do not receive a notification form you about which pharmacy you would like to nominate we will amend your records to send prescriptions to the Well Pharmacy (formerly the Co-op Pharmacy) in Claremont Terrace as this is the pharmacy closest to the surgery.
You can change your nominated pharmacy at any time and can also request a one-off amendment for specific prescriptions, e.g. if you are away from home temporarily.
A number of local pharmacies provide a repeat ordering and/or home delivery service so patients who are less mobile or housebound could nominate one of these Pharmacies.
You can still request prescriptions in the same ways you have done previously; the only change is in the way we will issue the prescription.
If you receive regular medication you can request a repeat by the following methods:
- Online repeat prescription service (via the link at the top of this page) which is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This service also allows you to book and cancel a GP appointment online, view your test results and view your medical record. Please ask at reception if you do not have online access.
- Tear-off slip attached to your prescription which you can fill in and use to request your next prescription. Just tick the boxes next to the medicines you want and return the slip to us.
- Write your request on one the forms at reception.
- Send us your repeat request slip or written request in the mail or via fax on 01225 485522. Our address is: Fairfield Park Health Centre, Tyning Lane, Camden Road, Bath BA1 6EA.
- Your Pharmacy may be able to order repeat prescriptions for you. Please ask them for details.
For reasons of confidentiality and safety we are not able to take repeat prescription requests by telephone or email.
To enable us to process your request promptly and efficiently please ensure the items requested are clear, including dosage and amount required and include your name, your address, your date of birth, and which pharmacy you would like your prescription sent to if it different to the one we have recorded for you on our system.
Prescriptions should normally be processed within two working days. Please check with your nominated pharmacy for the additional time they will require to prepare your medication.
Please help the receptionist and yourself by remembering the following key points when requesting a repeat prescription:
- If you are posting and requesting a posted return allow extra days for possible Royal Mail delays.
- Urgent prescriptions may take at least 4 hours to produce and may require you returning to the practice as there are not always staff available to immediately process and sign them.
- If you request your repeat prescription by writing to us you must include your name, your address, your date of birth, where you would like to collect your prescription from (if different form your nominated pharmacy) and a full list of items required, including quantity and doses.